Renewing Our Faith

Renewing our faith is not about converting others it is about learning the theology and dogma that underpin our Catholic beliefs.  

Sunday, May 9

Father Paul Biére reminds us of Our Lady’s love for Jesus


Last Sunday, during his sermon Father Biérer mentioned Our Lady and something he said made such a lot of sense.   Father said that we should try to be as much like Our Lady as possible.  Then he described her relationship with Jesus.  Father said that Our Lady was totally interested in Her son.  Everything she did, thought or said was directed towards Him and for Him.  And this is how we should be. 

     Suddenly I realised that as a mother I am totally ‘locked in’ to my children.  When I am involved with them, I see nothing else, hear nothing else, nothing else interests me.  Our Lady must have felt that way about Her son Jesus.  But what a son!  Imagine being ‘locked in’ to God.  Imagine loving Him like that.  Listening to His every word.  Caring so much about what He thought.  Caring for His needs.  Can you imagine what it was like to wash Jesus clothes.  I wonder how often She hugged and kissed them.  

    We are encouraged to love Jesus like a brother, a friend, our God.  But what if we loved Him as our child?  As a grown up child.  How would we feel then  when we meditated on His crucifixion?  Perhaps we would feel that sword through our own heart.  

1 comment:

  1. It's lovely when this happens and you suddenly 'get' what the priest means. There have been times when I have gone to a different church and I feel the priest is talking just to me because he says what I need to hear at that precise moment in my spiritual life.

    ReplyDelete