Renewing Our Faith

Renewing our faith is not about converting others it is about learning the theology and dogma that underpin our Catholic beliefs.  

Thursday, October 17

Mormon? ... Jehovah Witness? ... Hindu? ...

 Today I asked a Protestant friend, 

“If someone said, they believed in God, but not in a Catholic God, what religion would they be?"
“Protestant.”  was the quick reply.

“Nope”  I said.  “This person wasn’t Protestant.”

“Muslim?” 

“Nope. Not Muslim.”

“em.... mmmm ... They said they believed in God but not in a Catholic God?”

“That’s right.”

“Mormon? ... Jehovah Witness? .... Hindu? ... Ok I give up. I hate riddles. What religion where they?”

“The Pope said it.”

Silence. 

Then: “Gosh.  What are you going to do?”

I just started laughing because I hadn't expected to have to do anything, about a Pope!

2 comments:

  1. Hello Christabel,
    I'm Marie-Jacqueline of Fleurs. I enjoyed this post. I would like to ask your opinion of the Thomistic view of something. I can't find an e-mail address for you. Would you consider contacting me via my blog? Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Novus Ordo is illicit and Rome is in the apostasy warned about by Our Lady of La Salette. The true mass is the Latin Tridentine Mass. In fact, there is evidence that BXVI is still the Pope: https://vimeo.com/228833627

    ReplyDelete